Kilkenny City Hotel Breaks
Kilkenny City, located on the South East of Ireland, has so much to offer any visitor from its rich Medieval history, to its bustling pubs and restaurants and its great selection of shops, whatever your reason for visiting you won’t be disappointed. Our 4 Star Kilkenny Hotel has a great city centre location, only a short stroll to Kilkenny Castle or the many shops and restaurants in Kilkenny City Centre.
- Kilkenny Cat Laughs Festival 2013 – Thursday 30th May to Monday 3rd of June 2013 – Since 1994 this Festival has been attracting some of the best names in comedy to Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny Arts Festival 2013 – Friday 9th – Sunday 18th August 2013 – this is the 40th annual Arts Festival in Kilkenny and features Theatre & Dance, Music, Visual Arts & Crafts etc.
- Kilkenny Roots Festival 2013 – Friday 3rd to 6th of May 2013 – Since 1998 the Kilkenny Rhythm and Roots Festival has features some of the best known artists in this genre, including Cajun, Bluegrass, Blues etc.
- Savour Kilkenny Food Festival 2013 – Wednesday 23rd – Monday 28th October 2013 – Established in 2006 the Festival by a group passionate about food and in addition to a “Food Village”, there is also a number of fun events taking place around the city during the Festival.
- Kilkenny International Gospel Choir Festival 2013 – Thursday 13th June to Sunday 16th June 2013 – Featuring choirs from around the world who all love Gospel music and during the Festival the get the opportunity to exchange ideas, explore and most importantly perform in the majestic surrounds of Medieval Kilkenny City.
- Kilkenny Walking Festival 2013 – Dates TBC. Enjoy the beauty of Kilkenny this April with an exciting programme of events
- Kilkenomics Festival 2013
Horse Racing in Kilkenny:
Kilkenny has its own picturesque racecourse only a short drive from Kilkenny City at Gowran Park. Â It is the only Grade 1 racecourse in the South East of Ireland and features a good selection of meets throughout the year, including national hunt and flat meetings. The racecourse opened in 1914, with a new Grandstand and facilities opened in 2003. Some up-coming fixtures are listed below. For more information visit – Gowran Park Racecourse Kilkenny.
- Saturday 16th February, National Hunt – Red Mills Trial Hdle Grade 2 & Red Mills Chase Grade 2
- Saturday 9th March, National Hunt – Shamrock H’cap Chase Grade B
- Saturday 23rd March National Hunt
- Tuesday 9th April, Flat
- Sunday 28th April, Flat – Victor McCalmont (L)
- Wednesday 8th May, Flat
- Thursday 30th May, Flay
- Sunday 23rd June, National Hunt – Jack Duggan Hdle / Ladies Day
- Tuesday 2nd July, Flat
- Wednesday 14th August, Flat – Hurry Harriet (L)
- Wednesday 4th September, Flat
- Sunday 22nd September, Flat – Denny Cordell Lavarack and Lanwades Stud Stakes Group 3
- Friday 4th October, National Hunt
- Saturday 5th October, National Hunt – PwC Champion Chase Grade 2 & H’Cap Hdle Grade C
- Saturday 23rd November, National Hunt – Annual Racing Club Dinner