Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Hotel open?
· Yes, the hotel is open to residents and to non-residents who can present a valid COVID Certificate.
· If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking or wish to make a reservation in the future please contact the Reservations Team on Tel: +353 56 7750200 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I park my car?
· You may park your car in the Ormonde Street Car Park, located directly opposite the entrance to the Hotel. We have an agreed rate for residents with them of €6 per 24 hours, up to a maximum of €12 per stay. We will validate your ticket on departure or should you need to take your car out at any stage during your stay with us. When we validate your ticket on departure it will last until 22.00 on that day.
What time is Check In & Check out?
. You can check in from 4pm. If you have arrived before 4pm, then you can park your car in the Ormonde Street Car Park, we can get you to register with us and store your luggage until 4pm. Check out time is 12 noon on the day of departure.
- Will I need to wear a mask?
. Wearing a face covering is no longer mandatory in Hotel & Leisure Clubs, however some guests may decide to continue to wear masks and we respect their decision to do so.
What will the arrangements be for dining and beverage?
. Guests may dine and have a drink in any of our outlets.
· Breakfast is served from 7.30am - 10.00am daily and from 8am until 10.30am at weekends
· Lunch is served in the Castle Lounge from 12.30pm - 5.30pm
· Evening Dining in Hoban Bar & Brasserie is from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. Pre-booking is essential
· Last orders for Bar Service are 11.30pm. Hoban Bar closing time is strictly 12 midnight and as of this time, hotel guests & customers must have vacated all public areas.
· Hotel residents may be served up until 12 midnight, once they take the drink to be consumed in their bedroom.
- · Please be aware that under current COVID19 resotrictions we are open for residents only from 8pm.
- Is room service available?
· Yes, room service is available 24 hours for food and up to 12 midnight for drink, in line with current Government regulations.
. You can check out all of our menus by clicking on the Menus page.
· A charge of €6 applies to each delivery to your room.
- Is the Leisure Club & KOSpa open?
· Yes, the Lesiure Club and KO Spa are both open. The Leisure Club is open from 7am till 8.30pm. KOSpa offers a menu of VOYA treatments and is open daily from 10am to 6pm. Please be advised that you should pre-book your spa treatments; ideally prior to your arrival to avoid dissappointment.
- Can I move my booking to a future date?
· You can book a stay with us safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your room reservation to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our reservations department by email; email@example.com
An additional charge may apply depending on the choice of your requested day of the week and the time of year (e.g. if you request moving a booked midweek date to a weekend date).
- What is your cancellation policy?
· We allow cancellation up to 2pm on day of arrival for reservations made directly with us. Please note that if you book through a 3rd party site like Booking.com, for example, who have a 24 hour cancellation period, then you will need to adhere to that 3rd party’s cancellation policy and their terms & conditions.
We suggest you book directly with us via www.kilkennyormonde.com or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +353 56 7750200 and we will try to do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests that you might have.
- What is the cleaning procedures of our guest rooms?
· The Hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. We have enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all bedrooms, public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are readily available for all guests, customers and staff to use through the Hotel & Leisure Club.
· The Hotel will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensure all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Hotel.
· Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Can I buy a gift voucher?
· Gift vouchers can be purchased online for use for an amount of your choosing or for Dinner for 2, a KOSpa Treatment, Afternoon Tea or for a Weekend or Midweek Break.
· If you have a voucher that expired between 01/03/2020 and 02/06/2021 the hotel will extend your voucher until 31/12/2021. Please contact Reservations should you wish to extend your voucher(s).
- I have a wedding or an event booked, will it be able go ahead?
· We’re delighted to be welcoming guests to weddings, meetings and events at the hotel. Please feel free to contact the Events Team by email via: email@example.com should you have any enquiries.
- Can I make an appointment to discuss a wedding or event at the hotel?
· If you would like to make plans for your event, then Róisín O' Neill, Meetings & Events Sales Executive would be delighted to arrange an appointment with you for a private in person viewing or if you'd prefer, a virtual viewing via Zoom or WhatsApp. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is the hotel part of a group?
Yes, we have a sister property called Absolute Hotel Limerick - click here for more details about The Absolute Hotel Limerick
- Have there been any confirmed cases within the property past or present?
· There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the hotel.
- Have you other questions?
· Should you have any other questions please contact our Reservations Team on + 353 56 7750200 and they will be happy to assist you further.
- Taking Care of You (Covid-19)
We want to put your mind at ease and advise you of all the health and safety measures we’re taking to help keep our guests and employees safe. Our promise is to ensure that the safety and well-being of you and our Team is our top priority. Our “Taking Care of You” Programme has been developed to ensure we have best practice Health, Safety and Hygiene protocols in our hotel, in line with the World Health Organisation, the Health Service Executive and Government directives. We are committed to making your experience with us as comfortable as possible and we will continue to monitor and update these controls.