Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions
An Important Message for Guests
Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Hotel open?
· We regret to advise that in light of the Government’s introduction of Level 5 of the “Living with Covid-19” plan from Wednesday 21st October, we will temporarily close our doors to all customers until 30th November 2020.
· If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking or wish to make a reservation in the future please contact the Reservations Team on Tel: +353 56 7750200 or by Email: email@example.com
What time is Check In & Check out?
. You can check in from 4pm. If you have arrived before 4pm, then you can park your car in the Ormonde Street Car Park, we can get you to register with us and store your luggage until 4pm. Check out time is 12 noon on the day of departure.
Where can I park my car?
· You may park your car in the Ormonde Street Car Park, located directly opposite the entrance to the Hotel. We have an agreed rate for residents with them of €6 per 24 hours, up to a maximum of €12 per stay. We will validate your ticket on departure or should you need to take your car out at any stage during your stay with us. When we validate your ticket on departure it will last until 22.00 on that day.
- Will I need to wear a mask?
. Face coverings are now mandatory in all public areas of the hotel. Children under 13 are not required to wear a face covering. This protocol complies with government guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
What will the arrangements be for dining and beverage?
. Under level 3 of the Government's Living with COVID plan, we are only allowed to serve Hotel residents indoors. Guests may dine or just have a drink in any of our outlets (see below). Prebooking is advised and it will be table service only. You will need to be seated by one of our team and we will need to take some details to facilitate contact tracing, if required. In line with Government regulations, drink service will be completed by 23.30 each evening. This includes room service.
· Breakfast will be served from 8am – 10.30am - you will be required to book a time on arrival
· Lunch will be served in the Castle Lounge 12 – 4pm daily
· Evening Dining will be in Hoban Bar & Brasserie 4pm- 9pm Pre-booking is essential
- Is room service available?
· We will be offering a takeout style, in-room dining menu with delivery charge of €6 to your room
· A pre-bookable continental breakfast option will also be available.
. Drink service will be available until 23.30 each evening.
- Is the Leisure Club open?
· Under level 3 of the Government's Living with COVID plan, our Leisure Cub with 21 metre swimming pool is open to hotel residents and members only - weekdays from 7am-8pm and on weekends from 8am -8pm. Pre-booking of a 1 hour appointed slot is required. The sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and experience showers will remain out of use for the time being; in line with HSE guidelines.
- Is KOSpa open?
· KO Spa has re-opened with a reduced menu that includes VOYA's signature face and body treatments. Details of spa treatment options are available on the KO Spa page and our Reservations Team will be able to assist you with pre-booking your treatments.
- Can I move my booking to a future date?
· You can book a stay with us safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your room reservation to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our reservations department on by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An additional charge may apply depending on the choice of your requested day of the week and the time of year (e.g. if you request moving a booked midweek date to a weekend date).
- What is your cancellation policy?
· We allow cancellation up to 2pm on day of arrival for reservations made directly with us. Please note that if you book through a 3rd party site like Booking.com, for example, who have a 24 hour cancellation period, then you will need to adhere to that 3rd party’s cancellation policy and their terms & conditions.
We suggest you book directly with us via www.kilkennyormonde.com or through email: email@example.com or by phone +353 56 7750200 and we will try to do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests that you might have.
- What is the cleaning procedures of guest rooms?
· The Hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. We have introduced enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all bedrooms, public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are also readily available for all guests, customers and staff to use through the Hotel & Leisure Club.
· The Hotel will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensure all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Hotel.
· Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Can I buy a gift voucher?
· Gift vouchers can be purchased online for use for an amount of your choosing or for Dinner for 2, a KOSpa Treatment, Afternoon Tea or for a Weekend or Midweek Break.
· If you have a voucher that expires between 01/03/2020 and 09/07/2020 the hotel will extend your voucher until 31/12/2020. Please contact Reservations should you wish to extend your voucher(s).
- I have a wedding or event booked, will it be able go ahead?
· We’re very much look forward to welcoming guests to weddings and events at the hotel. If you would like to discuss how the Public Health guidelines effect your event your Wedding or Event booking or if you would like to plan a future event, please feel free to contact the Events Team by email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I make an appointment to discuss a wedding at the hotel?
· If you would like to make plans for your special day then Alice Hennessy, Events Executive or Colin Ahern, General Manager would be delighted to arrange an appointment with you for a private viewing or if you would prefer via Zoom or WhatsApp. Please email: email@example.com
- Have there been any confirmed cases within the property past or present?
· There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the hotel.
- Have you other questions?
· Should you have any other questions please contact our Reservations Team on + 353 56 7750200 and they will be happy to assist you further.